Montag, 15. Februar 2010

Gillet à la Nelson von gedrucktem Musseline

Finally here is the first part of the "Fashionprint-Project". The whole suit is almost finished, but we are still waiting for the boots and seaching for the brooch, so there are no pics of the finished ensemble.

So, here I will tell about how we made the waitcoat. The description says that it is a "waitcoat à la Nelson, of printed musslin, bordered with a black velvet band all arround".

As it seemed to be impossible to get a similar fabric, we decided to make them ourselves. I choose to use fabricpaint from the craftstore, making paint according to a period recipie seemed to be to complicated to me...

At first I thought it would be best to create the triangles by stamping them, but with my selfmade stamp of foamed rubber it looked like that stuff I made in the kindergarden ;)

Than I had the perfect idea: I just did tape all the forms with crepe-tape ( I don't know the propper english term) and did amplify them. You have to let the paint dry quite long, to avoied any blur.

The stripes I made with a quilter's grid.

Upcycling mal anders oder aus zwei mach eins

The marriage of two dresses Im November 2015 waren wir eingeladen zu einer herrlichen Veranstaltung in einem wirklich grandiosen Gebäude...